Haters gonna hate:

I approach this topic hesitantly, as the very mention of it might encourage the exact thing I am protesting:
PLEASE DON’T LEAVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS
ON MY (or anyone’s, for that matter) BLOG OR
MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS.
PREEEEEEETTTTY PLEASE.  Seriously.
You guys, prolly my main fault is that I am way too sensitive.  Just ask John.  I’m working on this, but it does NOT help when people send me meany-head notes.  Don’t get me wrong, it really doesn’t happen that often, and I guess when I smear my brain childs all over the internets I might be asking for it a little.  But it makes me scared to read ANY comments, for fear of them possibly being harsh.  And that’s no fun!
Not everyone will like what I have to say–I get it.  And John pointed out last night as I was mulling over my latest negative-comment-experience that the people who like to get offended do so loudly.  But pleeeease, for the sake of my little, overly-sensitive, immature heart. . . . please just go talk it out with someone else or punch a pillow if you have a negative comment a-brewin inside ya.  Youreallydon’tknowwhatitdoestome!! (I know I sound dramatic… but it’s what I feel inSIIIIDDDEE.)
Oh, and please don’t misunderstand, either–I really respect when people view the world differently than I do, and I love discussing different realities—in a mature and civil “let’s-agree-to-disagree-and-still-love-each-other-ta-bits” way.  I HATE confrontation and contention and take a good week or so to recover from any comment falling under that umbrella (which I AM working on…), in spite of all the sweet little notes I get from readers.  So please keep that in mind the next time you hate one of my posts so much that you just have to scream.  I mean, we’re all in this together at the end of the day, and this is supposed to be fun!  So let’s keep it that way and not spoil it for others?
Thanks for indulging me.
Please be nice to my mommy!

12 comments

1. Sweet J says:

I get hate comments all the time. Girl you have no idea.I had one lady yell at me because I do not like Hello Kitty.But them folks just be straight trippin.

I think you are darling. I just found your blog and I have blog envy. Keep on keepin on.

2. Megan says:

I’ve been very fortunate not to have any negative things posted on my blog but just the other day I had someone anonymously live a comment blatantly telling me I had a typo & I need to spell things correctly. I’m sorry but sometimes you get to typing so quickly & you don’t catch all of the typos…I’m only human. I felt it a tad rude to point this out to me in the way that they did. Some people! Hope you have a great weekend though!

3. Erin says:

My Darling daughter-in-law: Please refer any hateful comments to me, and I will be happy to take care of them. Thank you, Your Mother in Law

4. Sarah says:

Hi Jess, I liked your post. I’m also super sensitive about negative comments. I don’t know why but I have a hard time not obsessing about things like that. However there was one time in my life when I really didn’t have that issue. It was when I was working with children w/Autism. I was an aide for a young girl with SUPER bad behavioral problems and it seemed like all I did ALL DAY LONG was try to teach her how to deal with things instead of throwing tantrums. After doing this for several months it became almost shocking to me when I would witness a perfectly normal adult exhibit a bad behavior. Mentally it almost didn’t compute because it seemed too ridiculous. Honestly, some of my sweet little disabled second graders seemed to have better control over their emotions, behaviors and actions than did those adults. Next time someone sends you a rude comment remember who it is coming from. A person who can’t (or worse yet, won’t) control their body. When I keep that in mind I always feel less belittled or threatened. Also, rude comments are always given with some illusion of strength or superiority. I think many people don’t realize that by so doing they are actually exposing a great weakness! I LOVE YOUR BLOG. Keep up the good work!

5. Crystal ~Skittle Bug~ says:

I can’t even think of a reason why someone would post something mean on your blog of all places! You are nothing but nice and just awesome, really, Jessi. 🙂 Love you.

Haters, keep ooon steppin.

xoxo

6. Rachael says:

I feel the same way girl. I’m so sensitive. Maybe we shouldn’t work on changing it though, we should work on embracing it and feel empowered by how God has made us 🙂 Peace and Love, Rachael

7. Ben & Cassie says:

who did it? Lets kill them. JK but seriously you are just the sweetest, don’t let people like that bring you down. your blog is the best and they are jealous! Happy easter!

8. J. Obrien says:

I am new to this blog but I am sorry to point out but if you want to post about your life on a public blog for the world to see, you are going to sometimes get negative comments, and no amount of begging is going to stop people from being mean and I’m not trying to be mean, but to give you a reality check, it will happen, just don’t take it personally.

9. 9C says:

The world would be a better place if there were more people like you! I think it is sad that people have to find fault in others. Unfortunately it is probably an attempt to feel better about themselves, but actually, they would benefit more if they would build others up! His light shines through you…Keep shining!

Comments are closed.